Tuesday 25 March 2014

Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen Chloe!



This is a wibbly wobbly cake "card" for my niece, Chloe, who will be sweet and sixteen on 25th March 2014!
Please note that I probably would not have chosen these colours myself, but they are to go with Chloe's newly decorated bedroom!

I used a template that I bought from the Silhouette (TM) store and cut it in black card with bright pink elements to make the initial box (There are actually two boxes, the top comes off revealing a place for sweets as in the picture, and the base also has a box which reveals yet more sweets!).

I added a flower candle to the top of the cake, also a file from the silhouette (TM) store, and added a folded black card candle that has metallic pink pen lines on it that are not easy to see in the picture.

I added die cut alphabet letters to spell "CHLOE" and added "16" and a heart.
I then added little daisy flowers and dotted with gel pen in the centres.

I know I always say this but...where have those years gone?!
I was away in Leeds when Chloe came into the world, studying for my HNC in Housing, it feels just like it was yesterday!

Happy Birthday Chloe!

2 comments:

  1. She must have LOVED this! It came out great and I love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Denni for your kind comment. Chloe loved it and it goes just so well with her bedroom colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete