Sunday 28 October 2012

Baby's First Christmas.



First I must apologise, I have just not had the time to update my blog recently, so this may be a bit of a marathon session, just a good job we have an extra hour today!!

This card is my favourite of my creations, so far, this Christmas!
The image is, of course, a Lili of the Valley (TM) stamp which has been re-introduced recently as there was uproar when it was discontinued, you can see why, it is simply gorgeous.

I cannot take credit for the over all design of this card, I have tweaked it from a card I saw on the Lili of the Valley (TM) site, thanks girls!

I took a A5 base card and covered it with a background paper from a pack of papers I got last year in a kit from Crafters Companion (TM).

I used some polka dot tape from Ikea (TM) to break up the background a little.
I used a gold piece of card and embossed it and used some Ranger Tim Holtz (TM) distress ink on it to give a little interest.

The stamped image is mounted on to red and blue card and coloured in using both Promarkers (TM) and Aquamarkers (TM) and enhanced with a little glitter on the hat and the reindeer horns.

The stamped image was then placed on a doily.

I cut some trees out of foam and decorated them with sequins and die cut a sentiment on blue card.

I love this card...now I just have to look for somone who has a little person who is celebrating their first Chrsitmas this year!!

Hope you like it!!

I would like to enter this card in to the following challenge:
Pink Gem Challenge 58 ~ Polka Dots/Spots.  The link is:
http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-58.html
Simon says stamp and show ~ Use Ranger (TM) products.  The link is:
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete